Dairyfood USA, Inc., a market leader in specialty cheese production for over 60 years, is currently seeking an Assistant Controller to provide oversight of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and overall general ledger functions. Based in our production facility in the heart of America’s Dairyland, Blue Mounds, WI, this position reports to the VP of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise accounts payable coordinator to ensure efficient processing, adherence to cash disbursements procedures and integrity of data posted to the company’s general ledger.
- Supervise office assistant and oversee sales invoice processing, cash posting, bank deposit, mail handling and reception activities.
- Assist VP-Administration with month-end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Evaluate and reconcile subsidiary journals and take corrective action as needed.
- Prepare, verify and enter journal entries into the general ledger.
- Prepare month-end bank reconciliation.
- Review receivable balances and follow-up with delinquent accounts for collection. Interface with outside collection agencies as needed.
- Process customer credits and handle employee purchases according to established procedures.
- Supervise bi-weekly payroll for hourly personnel.
- Supervise the time and attendance, maintain attendance and benefit time records and provide labor reporting.
- Maintain fixed asset record keeping.
- Schedule phone system repairs and coordinate all office outside services.
- Serve as primary back up to VP-Administration for administering procedures to protect system operations and database integrity and recovery.
- Oversee distribution of standard reports according to defined schedules.
- An Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting, payroll administration and office management experience in manufacturing organization.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with ERP and cost accounting systems.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising administrative support staff.
- A CPA or CMA certificate.
- A minimum of 8 years of accounting, payroll administration and office management experience in manufacturing organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with ERP and cost accounting systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supervising administrative support staff.
The position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.