Quality You Can Trust.
Innovation You Can Taste.
Explore opportunities to join our team! Submit your resume or an
or mail your application materials to:
Human Resources Department
2819 County Highway F
Blue Mounds, WI 53517
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairyfood USA, Inc., a SQF level 3 certified market leader in specialty cheese production for over 60 years, is currently seeking a Sanitation Manager responsible for supervising the cleaning of plant equipment within GMP guidelines, SOPs and requlatory standards. Based in our production facility in the heart of America’s Dairyland, Blue Mounds, WI, this position reports to the Quality Assurance Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, which include SOPs, Employee Handbook, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Dairyfood USA Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring all quality and food safety systems in place for the production of quality products manufactured under clean, safe, and wholesome conditions.
- Interview, recommend hiring, instruct, train, motivate, direct, evaluate, correct, and administer discipline. Develops a team approach in the effective utilization of available manpower. Responsible for all hires, terminations, and disciplinary actions for sanitation personnel. Supervision of 8-10 direct reports.
- Oversee Master Cleaning Schedule for Sanitation. Coordinate cleaning and maintain records.
- Ensures compliance with MSDS requirements and that cleaning agents are properly used.
- Verify employees are complying with MSDS requirements, company procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Monitor chemical area to ensure containers are properly labeled and that the cage is secure at all times. Oversee training of sanitation personnel about securing chemicals and locking cage.
- Oversee chemical training for sanitation employees and verifies all employees have been trained in the proper use and handling of the chemicals and equipment, including chemical security.
- Order cleaning chemicals. Verify chemicals are approved for use in food manufacturing facilities.
- Enforce company rules, such as attendance, food safety, production quality, safety, GMPs, and efficiency. Discipline subordinates when non-compliance occurs.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all regulations relating to food safety and personnel safety such as FDA, USDA, OSHA, and SQF. Complies with all other regulations and laws affecting the company (business law, trade secrets, personnel practices, etc.)
- Write SOPs for Sanitation and train subordinate personnel on SOPs and ensure compliance with procedures, when needed.
- Serve as a member of the HACCP team. Attend required meetings and provides input on how to ensure an effective HACCP program.
- Conduct food safety and personnel safety training. Training includes machine guarding, lockout tagout, PPE, cross contamination, food allergens, critical control points and other topics.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s personal protective equipment guidelines.
- Constantly seek ways to improve operations through automation and system refinement.
- Submit annual budget. Monitor and adhere to budget parameters (labor, inventory, maintenance, equipment, supplies, etc.). Effectively manage labor costs and material usage.
- Identify problems and develops appropriate solutions.
- Coordinate with Human Resources regarding staffing, safety, compensation, payroll, corrective actions and other issues as needed.
- Assist in both internal and external food safety audits.
- Ensure a safe work place. Follow Dairyfood USA’s Hazardous Communication Plan, Lock-out/Tag-out Program, Process Safety Management Plan, and all applicable safety standards.
- Serve on the Emergency Response Team and participates in all required meetings. Reports to plant during the event of an emergency, and assists the team in a response.
- Ensure department meets quality and safety goals, such as product quality, food safety, personnel safety, and remaining bacteria free.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- An Associate’s degree in Food Science, Quality, Chemistry or Environmental Science; 5 years of operational experience in sanitation, with a minimum of 3 years in a management capacity or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Quality, Chemistry or Environmental Science; 7 years of operational experience in sanitation, with a minimum of 5 years in a management capacity or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.